Zechariah 2:10
"Shout and be glad, O Daughter of Zion. For I am coming, and I will live among you," declares the LORD.

SHOUT

A scream, shout, holler, vociferation, or yell is a loud vocalization in which air is passed through the vocal cords with greater force than is used in regular or close-distance vocalization. Though technically this process can be performed by any creature possessing lungs, the preceding terms are usually applied specifically to human vocalization.

Reasons for shouting vary, and it may be done deliberately or simply as a reaction. The core motive, in essentially all situations, is communication.

from one of my favorite websites http://www.wikipedia.com/

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"Sit Still and Shut Your Mouth"

I am sure my mama said that to me a million times when I was little - God bless her, I am sure she never got a moments rest with me! I can sure talk!

This morning, I sensed that God was saying to me, " Sit still, Carolyn! Focus. One thing at a time."

Are you running yourself ragged? Do you need to "Sit still and shut your mouth"?

How many books are you reading right now? How many projects do you have going? How many meetings? Groups? Piles of papers? Unfinished prayers because you thought of something else you needed to do RIGHT NOW?

One thing at a time, sweet girl. Sit still and listen for that still, small voice of God. He may not be shouting your name, but He will whisper to you, if only you will be still.

Psalm 46:10
"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Ecclesiastes 8:5-7 (New International Version)

Whoever obeys his command will come to no harm,
and the wise heart will know the proper time and procedure.

For there is a proper time and procedure for every matter,
though a man's misery weighs heavily upon him.

Since no man knows the future,
who can tell him what is to come?

Job 3:26 (New International Version)

I have no peace, no quietness;
I have no rest, but only turmoil."

Job 6:24 (New International Version)

"Teach me, and I will be quiet;
show me where I have been wrong.

Isaiah 30:15
This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.

Maybe before we can SHOUT we need to "sit still and shut our mouth" and listen to the voice of the One who knows what is best for us. One day at a time, one task at a time, one prayer at a time...

Love,
Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions!